Obligations regarding EU citizen immigration
(1st Semester 2018/2019)
As a European student, you must register with the local authorities if you are going to stay here for more than 3 months. Before this you will receive your NIE number, which is required to open a bank account and use the Spanish National Health Service.
To register you must follow the steps outlined below:
- Fill in online and print the following:
- Go to a bank with the payment slip for €12 and pay the amount in cash
- Go to the Central Police Station in Alicante with the following documents:
- Application Form
- Payment slip
- One passport photo
- Your ID card or Passport and a photocopy
- Confirmation of your Erasmus status (make sure that your ID number in the letter is the same as the one you are going to present)
The exchange students of the University of Alicante will receive an email confirming the appointment. People who do not belong to the University of Alicante, please ask for an appointment here.