Visa Non EU students

Requirements for non EU students


The students with a passport from a country different of a EU members, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland must ask for a student visa in the Spanish Consulate at your country.

To find the nearest consular office.

As soon as you get your visa at the Spanish Consulate, you must carry out these procedures during the first month of your arrival if you are going to spend more than 6 months in Spain.

  1. Registration of your address (empadronamiento) in Spain at the Statistics Department in the Town Hall:
    If your accomodation is in Alicante: Oficinas del Departamento de Estadística, C/Cervantes nº 3 Entreplanta.
    More info. Ask for an appointment to do it.

    If your accomodation is San Vicente del Raspeig: Departamento de Padrón Municipal de Habitantes
    Oficina de Atención al Ciudadano, Plaça de la Comunitat Valenciana, 1
    More info
    You will be given an “Empadronamiento” certificate as soon as you register.

  2. 2. Prepare the rest of the documents:
    • Application form.
    • Passport.
    • Copies of the pages of your passport containing your personal details and visa.
    • Two pictures, passport size and with white background.
    • Confirmation of registration and payment of fees at the university.
    • “Empadronamiento” certificate.
    • Document 790 corresponding to the €15.45 administration fee. You must go with this form to any Spanish Bank and pay the corresponding fee before presenting your application. At the bank, they will stamp this document as proof of payment and you must present it along with the other documents listed here.

  3. Come to our office (#36 Campus Map) so that we can check all the documents and stamp the copies.
  4. Present all these documents in Calle Campo de Mirra, 6, close to the Estadio Rico Pérez from 10:00 to 13:00.