LANGUAGE AND COMPLEMENTARY COURSES
Language Course (3 hours/day - 15 hours/week)
These courses are designed for people who want to learn Spanish quickly and effectively. We offer 12 levels based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, starting from Absolute Beginners (A1) to Advanced (C2+). Each level lasts 4 weeks (the start date of each course is shown in green on the calendar). From Beginners 2 (A1+) onwards, students may join a level which has already begun, on any Monday of the year.
Each 60 hour Language Course is worth 6 ECTS credits.
Additional Courses (1 hour/day - 5 hours/week)
These courses are aimed at those students who wish to extend their knowledge of Spanish within a more specific context. Each 20 hour Additional Course is worth 2 ECTS credits.
- Conversation (all levels): for students who wish to improve their fluency in Spanish and understand the language in different formal and colloquial communicative situations.
- Business Spanish (from level A2): for students who require accreditation of their command of the language in the specific contexts of business and work.
- Spanish Culture and Civilisation (from level A2): for students who wish to study the language in its cultural context, and to learn about Spain’s social customs, history, festivals, gastronomy, etc.
- Spanish through Film (from level A2): for film enthusiasts who want to approach Spanish culture through recent films by Almodóvar, Saura, Amenábar, etc.
- Spanish through Art (from level A2): For students interested in the great figures and works in the history of Spanish art, and who want to learn vocabulary specific to this field.
- Spanish through Literature (from level A2): for enthusiasts of reading and literature who wish to improve their Spanish by reading the works of the great classic authors such as Cervantes, Unamuno, Lorca, etc.
New for 2016
All Conversation levels are offered every month. Business, Culture, Film, Art, Tourism, Theater and Literature are offered in two independent modules (I & II). They can be taken separately or you can combine them. Please, check calendar offer.
Note: Courses are subject to a minimum number of enrolments. Erasmus students may only acquire a maximum of 5 ECTS credits.